"The 401-k for your skin!"
What is Collagen?
Collagen is a fibrous protein in the deep dermis that gives skin structure. It supports the functions of elastin and hyaluronic acid (HA), which help maintain the skin's shape, while keeping it smooth and hydrated. A healthy supply of collagen makes for a more youthful-looking complexion.
How does Sculptra work?
Sculptra® uses poly-L-lactic acid to stimulate the body's fibroblast cells. The fibroblasts are the cells that build collagen in the skin. Rebuilding collagen gives your skin strength and improves tone and texture.
Things to know about Scupltra:
*An injectable that gradually builds the body's natural collagen
*Collagen is the most common protein in the body and is the
framework for youthful looking skin
*Firms skin, increases skin thickness, improves sagging, and improves
*Results begin 4-6 weeks after injections, and are maximized 4-6 months after treatment
*Sculptra results are gradual
*Results last 2-4 years
How much does a treatment cost?
A vial costs $800, and initial treatment requires 2 vials. Patients usually require between 2-5 vials total, between 2 appointments, based on age and current skin quality.
Two treatments are spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
Who is a good candidate?
Patients that have thinning skin due to loss of collagen.
Sculptra Pre-Injection Instructions
1. Refrain from alcohol for 3 days prior to injections to reduce the likelihood of bruising.
2. Arrive with clean, make-up free skin.
3. Avoid blood thinning medication for 7 days prior to injections. If you are on prescription blood thinning medications, consult the prescribing provider before doing so.
4. No dental cleanings or dental procedures for 4 weeks prior to or after injections, as this may increase the risk of infection.
5. No vaccines or boosters of any kind 4 weeks prior to or after injections.
6. If you have an active infection (cold, flu, UTI, Covid, cellulitis, dental infection or ongoing dental issue) please reschedule for when these are resolved.
8. Your safety is our primary concern. If you have questions or concerns regarding these recommendations please email email@example.com
Sculptra Post-Injection Instructions
1. Instructions will be given regarding massaging treated areas.
2. Refrain from heavy exercise for 24 hours.
3. Keep injection sites clean and make-up free for at least 24 hours after injections.
4. Over the counter Tylenol or ibuprofen are recommended (if tolerated) for any post-injection discomfort. Numbing medication is mixed with the Sculptra so pain relief is expected 1-4 hours after injections.
5. If using ice, please wrap it in a clean cloth before applying it to the injection site area.
6. Avoid touching the injection site area.
7. Watch for blanching of the skin, pain out of proportion, or abnormal swelling as these may be signs of an adverse reaction.
8. For immediate medical concerns, please call (269)998-5992. For all other questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule a consultation to learn more and to see if Sculptra is right for you!