Botox & Dysport
Botox is a well known brand name for botulinum toxin which temporarily paralyzes muscle to prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Although it is a toxin, it is FDA approved and is safe to inject in recommended quantities. Direct Aesthetics carries different types in-office: Dysport and Botox. I will asses and see which one is best for you.
Botox $12/ unit
Average Treatment Costs:
Forehead 20 units / $240
Between the brows (eleven lines) 16 units / $192
Crows feet 8 units per side / $192
*Doses vary based on individual anatomy.
Dysport $4.60 / unit
Average Treatment Costs:
Forehead 50 units / $230
Between the brows (eleven lines) 40 units / $184
Crows feet 20 units per side / $184
"Baby Tox" treatments are for clients who are typically younger with fewer lines. For an average "Baby Tox" treatment you can expect the doses to be around half the amount as listed above.
Please schedule a consultation to see which treatment is best for you.
Lip Flip Treatment
Lip Flip $60
A Lip Flip temporarily relaxes the muscle that turns the upper lip under, resulting in a more visible top lip when smiling. This is done by injecting botulinum toxin near the vermilion border. The result of this treatment is a subtle enhancement of your pout. This treatment can also help improve vertical lip lines, aka smoker’s lines.
The Lip Flip treatment typically last 4-6 weeks and can be combined with lip filler.
"What's the difference between Dysport and Botox? Is one better than the other?"
Both are neurotoxins but they are manufactured by different companies. They have similar mechanism of action and give similar results. Your provider can discuss which medication would be best suited for you at your appointment.
Do Botox/Dysport injections hurt?
You will feel a small poke when the needle is inserted. It feels similar to a tiny bee sting. Most patients tolerate it very well and are surprised at how straight forward the injections are.
What areas can you treat with botulinum toxins?
There are many areas you can treat including:
- Horizontal lines across your forehead
- "11 lines" or vertical frown lines between your eyebrows
- "Bunny lines" or lines near the bridge of your nose
- "Crow's feet" or lines at the corner of your eyes
- Gummy Smiles
- Lip Flips
- Vertical lines around the mouth also known as “smoker lines” (these can be genetic, no smoking required to obtain them)
- Downturned corners of the mouth
- Dimpling chin
- Massesters for TMJ
-Back of head/neck/shoulders for migraine headaches
-Armpits for excessive sweating
Are results immediate?
Typically patients begin seeing results in 3-5 days but you must wait a full two weeks for final results. New patients are rechecked in two weeks to evaluate results and see is a dose adjustment is needed..
How long does botulinum toxin last?
It can last anywhere from 3-4 months. This is dependent on the dose and how you metabolize the medication.
Is there any downtime?
Immediately after treatment, there can be a small bumps at the injection site. This usually subsides within 10-15 minutes.
How much does it cost?
Cost depends on the number of units used and how many areas are being treated. On average, it can range anywhere from $200-$600.
How long does the appointment take?
The appointment is booked for 30 minutes but the treatment itself takes less than 10 minutes. The majority of your appointment is spent discussing your goals, reviewing your anatomy and answering any questions you may have about your treatment.
Botox/Dysport Pre Injection information
1. Refrain from alcohol for 3 days prior to injections to reduce the likelihood of bruising.
2. Arrive with clean, make-up free skin.
3. Avoid blood thinning medication for 7 days prior to injections. If you are on prescription blood thinning medications, consult the prescribing provider before doing so.
BOTOX/DYSPORT POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Immediately following your treatment, do not lie flat for 4 hours.
2. Avoid massage to the area, as this may disrupt placement of the medication.
3. Refrain from heavy exercise for 24 hours.
4. Keep injection sites clean and make-up free for at least 4 hours after injections.
5. Your treatment will begin taking effect in 5-7 days.
6. Full results will be seen in 14 days.
7. For immediate medical concerns, please call (269)998-5992. For all other questions or concerns please email email@example.com.