Up to a 1/2 Syringe
Patients with naturally smaller lips
Patients new to filler
Patients who gradually want to enhance their lip volume
Up to 1 syringe
Patients with naturally fuller lips
Patients who have significant age related lost volume
*At your consultation, we discuss which option would be best for you based on your goals and current anatomy.
Dermal Filler Packages
Injectable gel used to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases. Restylane and Juvaderm available.
Restylane Full Syringe 625
Juvaderm Full Syringe 700-800
What areas of the face can be treated with fillers?
It is important to consider what is causing the age related change and treat the cause, not the symptom. When a patient comes in for a consultation, we evaluate your concerns, the causes and how we can address your concerns while maintaining a natural, balanced look.
Most common areas to treat with dermal fillers:
Piriform Aperture (base of the nose)
What is the downtime with fillers?
Depending on what area is treated, there may be several days of swelling, bruising, and the filler may feel firm. Swelling resolves within 2-3 days and bruising resolves within a week, if it occurs at all. It takes a full 2 weeks for the filler to integrate into the tissues.
How long will my appointment take?
Dermal filler appointments take between 45-60 minutes. This allows plenty of time to discuss the procedure, answer questions and get the patient properly numbed.To achieve Full Face Rejuvenation, you may need multiple filler appointments over the course of 6-12 months, depending on your goal and current anatomy.
Do dermal fillers hurt?
Most clients are comfortable during treatment. Our fillers contain lidocaine and we apply topical numbing cream prior to injections. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, just let me know! I also have a few sensory tools to keep you distracted during your appointment.
Dermal Filler Pre Injection Information
1. Refrain from alcohol for 3 days prior to injections to reduce the likelihood of bruising.
2. Arrive with clean, make-up free skin.
3. Avoid blood thinning medication for 7 days prior to injections. If you are on prescription blood thinning medications, consult the prescribing provider before doing so.
4. No dental cleanings or dental procedures for 4 weeks prior to or after injections, as this may increase your risk of infection.
5. No vaccines or boosters of any kind 4 weeks prior to or after injections.
6. If you are prone to cold sores, please notify your provider before your appointment as a medication may be prescribed.
7. If you have an active infection (cold, flu, UTI, Covid, cellulitis, dental infection or ongoing dental issue) please reschedule for when these are resolved.
8. Your safety is our primary concern. If you have questions or concerns regarding these recommendations please email email@example.com
Dermal Filler Post Care Instructions
1. Avoid massage to the area, as this may disrupt placement of the medication.
2. Refrain from heavy exercise for 24 hours.
3. Keep injection sites clean and make-up free for at least 24 hours after injections.
4. Over the counter Tylenol or ibuprofen are recommended (if you tolerate them) for any post injection discomfort. The dermal filler has numbing medication in it so you will have pain relief for 4 hours after injections.
5. If using ice, please wrap it in a clean cloth before applying it to the injection site area.
6. Avoid touching the injection site area.
7. Watch for blanching of the skin, pain out of proportion, or abnormal swelling as these may be signs of an adverse reaction.
8. For immediate medical concerns, please call (269)998-5992. For all other questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do dermal fillers last?
Dermal fillers last different amounts of time depending on the product, placement and how you metabolize. Some dermal fillers last 6-12 months while others last 18-24 months.
Are there risks with dermal fillers?
The most serious risk of dermal filler is vascular occlusion. This occurs if filler is placed into a blood vessel and blocks blood flow. Certain areas of the face are higher risk to inject. Significant care is taken with regards to technique, knowledge of anatomy and continuous assessment of the tissue during injections to prevent this. A dissolving agent is kept on hand at all times and will be administered if a vascular occlusion is suspected. If you are to notice blanching, pain out of proportion or abnormal swelling after injections, contact DA immediately at (269)998-5992. While the risk is low, every injection is performed with the utmost care and your safety in mind.
No filler 2 weeks before or after dental procedures, dental cleanings, active infection or illness, or vaccinations/boosters of any kind.